DAVID EDWIN MEYERS, MFA
(270) 577-2715 | Savannah, GA, USA | contact@DavidEdwinMeyers.com
PIONEER IN USER EXPERIENCE STRATEGY, DESIGN THINKING, USER-INTERFACE DESIGN
INDUSTRY: Master UX/UI Skillset ~ Data Visualization ~ Gamification Strategies ~ Full-Stack Programming ~ Visual Design
ACADEMIC: Online Program Development ~ Virtual/Onsite Classroom Instruction ~ Innovation Exploration
College Professor and seasoned industry professional with solid reputation for creating innovative and interdisciplinary works in a variety of digital and traditional media. Strong professional and academic credentials that include teaching, administration, program and business development, student advising, academic oversight, industry/corporate relations, departmental/fiscal management, and application/technology thought leadership.
An accomplished filmmaker, performance artist, photographer, fine art painter, and full-stack computer programmer with deep network of industry contacts and strong ties to community/global education initiatives.
- Created and launched successful online programs (MA, Interactive Design; BA, User Experience); developed entire curriculum and web/video promotional material.
- More than three decades of experience improving brand positions and user-experiences for various Fortune 500 companies, healthcare systems, entertainment icons, and higher education/nonprofit organizations.
- Known for a hands-on approach in presenting vision, collaborating with faculty/employees, guiding students and bringing digital concepts to life.
MFA Degree in Visual Communications/Illustration
SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY, Syracuse, NY
Graphic Design and Illustration
RINGLING COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN, Sarasota, FL
CURRENT ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
Professor of Interactive Design and Game Development
National Recruiting Representative
Full-time 2006 to 2011; 2017-Present | Part-time, Online | 2011 to 2017
SAVANNAH COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN, Savannah, GA | 2006 to Present
A private, nonprofit, accredited university offering more than 100 academic degree programs in 42 majors across its locations in Atlanta and Savannah, Georgia; Hong Kong; Lacoste, France; and online via SCAD eLearning. In 2015, the prestigious Red Dot Design Rankings placed SCAD in the top four universities in the Americas and Europe.
- Co-created and launched a new online Interactive Design program as part of the MFA degree and an undergraduate online User Experience program. Collaborated with tech industry professionals and academicians to align program with strict business standards.
- Taught a variety of classes: Visual Interface/Information Design, Digital Design Aesthetics, Thesis Studio I: Exploration/Prototype Research, and Thesis Studio II: Application and Production.
- Served on graduate review committees and oversaw internship program for departmental students.
- Performed digital workshops in Hong Kong and helped develop faculty overseas and contributed to cultural exchange of program development and instruction information.
- Chairperson for International Student Service and Planning Faculty Council.
Professor of Interactive Design
Graduate School Program Coordinator
LINDSEY WILSON COLLEGE, Columbia, KY | 2011 to 2017
One of five state schools classified as a Baccalaureate College-Liberal Arts; a SACS COC Level V institution that offers face-to-face and online degree choices for baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degree programs; more than 300 faculty/staff and an operating budget of more $54 million.
- Authored a complete Interactive Design and UX curriculum for online Master of Arts Degree Program.
- In just three years, program rated as:
- Top-10 Online Programs in Graphic Design 2017
- Top-50 Alternative UX Design Programs
- Top Online Colleges in Kentucky
- Managed departmental budgets, adjuncts, student recruiting, advising and marketing.
- Teach a variety of user-centered design, digital filmmaking, graphic design, fine art and art history classes.
- Performed digital workshops in Kerala, India and contributed to cultural exchange of program.
PAST ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
- Associate Professor, Bellarmine University, Communication (Digital Media)
- Associate Professor, University of Southern Indiana, Graphic Design
- Program Chair, Graphic Design, Ivy Tech State College, Graphic Design
- Adjunct Professor, Western Kentucky University, Digital Communication
- Adjunct Professor, Murray State University (Henderson Campus), Art Education
- Visiting Instructor, Kentucky Governor’s School for The Arts
- Visiting Instructor, New York City High School for the Visual Arts
LOUISVILLE CENTER FOR DESIGN, Louisville, KY | 2014 to 2017
Launched a non-profit organization to help kids with basic computer programming and design skills. Secured funding, licensing, and corporate sponsorships. Managed budget and enrolled ~2,500 kids so far. Negotiated partnership with Kentucky Science Center. Currently working with County Attorney to institute a high-risk JUMP (Juvenile Mentoring Program ) curriculum that will help kids gain positive guidance, skills, self-esteem and build character.
- Alumni Hall of Fame Inductee | Henderson County High School
- Board Member | Ohio Valley Art League
- Advisory Board Member | HCHS Visual Communications and School of Fine Arts
- Past Board Member | Henderson Society of Art
- Past Board Member | Kauai Society of Artists
NETTEMPLE, LLC, Louisville, KY | 1998 to Present
Started an innovative website design/development company; transferred expertise to academia while concurrently developing applications/technologies and serving in teaching and education administration roles.
Lead the overall creative vision, technical direction, UX strategy and interaction design execution for all projects involving skills in project management, vendor relations, client relations, and budget administration. Collaborate with clients, business leaders, and team members to evangelize creative thinking, negotiate design decisions, and champion the creative process. Oversee market research activities and explore new interaction models and potential design approaches for all platforms.
Past clients included:
- Paul McCartney
- Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- Grand Ole Opry
- Eli Lilly
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Short film Wood Diary accepted into more than 50 film festivals worldwide
- Senior UX Architect, Fire and Rain
- Creative Director, Digital Division | Gray Loon Marketing Group
- Senior Art Director | 10 Adams Marketing Communications
- Art Director | Michelin Tire North American Headquarters
- Journalistic Illustrator | Gannet News
IXDA | Siggraph | Interaction Design Foundation | College Art Association